Monday, March 12, 2012

Remember to rejoice!

March 12, 2012

Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say rejoice.

   If your like me, you probably find it hard to follow the wise instructions of the apostle Paul at certain times in your life. With so many problems that life brings our way and the constant war we fight against the enemy, life can certainly become stressful and even at times disappointing. Even those that are close to us can bring us to places of uncertainty, pain and disappointment.

Its in these times that we find out how strong our faith is, and how deep our relationship is with God.
When times of sorrow and hardships come it is important for us to not lose our focus. Hebrews 12:2 - says "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith" I'm convinced that the Apostle Paul knew that if we didn't learn the important lesson of rejoicing always, we would become victims instead of victors.

I believe that rejoicing always no matter what the circumstance,will keep us in a positive mind set, and will  eliminate the opportunity for the enemy to steal our joy. After all we are children of the King! our problems are his problems, and he is waiting and longing for us to lay everything at his feet. Jesus said, "Come unto me all ye that all heavy laden and I will give you rest."

So what are you waiting on, let today be the day you begin to look at problems with a new mind set. Let today be the day you cast all your cares on the Lord for he cares for you. I have learned that if I cant change a situation in my life, then I change the way I think about it! Starting today learn to take God at his word and expect him to come through for you. Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, how do we do this? By remembering to rejoice in the Lord alway, and again I say rejoice!

                                                                     Have a blessed day!

                                                                      Pastor John Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment