Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"God's Phone Number"

"Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come."
Jeremiah 3:33

My entire family got new cell phones recently.  I am no big fan of change and I really was quite happy with my little flip phone that was devoid of so many of the features that people go all "crazy" over in their phones.  My new one has the "slider" so you can text faster...why do I need to text faster??  I really don't want to text at all, but if I want to communicate with my children...I have to text!  They don't answer a regular phone call anymore!  Who would have thought that a girl like me who takes great pride in having good command of the English language would be reduced to sending message like...what time r u coming home?  B home by 10 or u r in trouble!  Times...they certainly have changed!

But one thing that hasn't changed is how we communicate with God.  Thank goodness I don't have to text him!!  I can just hear my prayers now if I had to text him...LOL my day was so good 2day, u have blessed me so much!  And as slow as I text that short little line would have taken at least 5 minutes!!  Praise God that he doesn't have to be on my contact list as I am fumbling, scrolling down the list to find him!!  Praise God that I don't have to have the latest and greatest phone with all the features to talk to him!  Praise God that I can simply go to him in prayer whenever I want and it doesn't require the greatest gadget to do it!

Some people refer to Jeremiah 33:3 as God's phone number and I kind of like that!  God is simply saying in this verse that all we need to do is "call" on Him and He will answer us.  God wants us to call on Him.  He often waits for us to call on Him.  He longs to provide us with everything we need in life...all we have to do is "call" on Him.

Such wisdom in this short little verse spoken to Jeremiah so long ago.  Nothing more and nothing less..all we have to do is 'call" on Him.  If we are having a true spiritual connection with God we can "call" on Him whenever we want to.  We can shout it out loud or we can silently, quietly in our minds speak to Him about our troubles, shortcomings, hopes, dreams, sins and most importantly our praises!  Prayer doesn't cost a thing and we don't have to worry about going over our "minutes" or "roaming" charges!!  Thanks be to God!!

Prayer has certainly changed my life and God has answered so many of my prayers and I am so thankful that all I had to do was to ask Him!  All I had to do was "call" on Him.  I am so humbled at the work He has done in my life and for all I know He is going to do in my life.  Go to Him today in prayer...don't delay!  Just "call" on Him...He is waiting!

Prayerfully Submitted,
Melissa Massey


No comments:

Post a Comment