Friday, May 18, 2012

What were they thinking?

Have you ever said what were they thinking? I know I have and I have said it to myself, what was I thinking? The is truth we all have had those words come out of our mouths at one time or another. As I grow in the Lord and dig into his precious, powerful word, I find that we can literally form our lives by what we think and say. In Proverbs it says "As a man thinks in his heart so is he." Also in Proverbs Solomon tells us" The power of life and death are in the tongue." As I began to meditate on this the Lord began to show me the importance of taking complete control of our thoughts. In the book of 2 Corinthians 10:5 Paul tells us "Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

The truth is your life today is a result of your thinking yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be determined by what you think today. So I ask you, what are you thinking about today? We must realize that what we think will lead to what we do, so we must first allow the Holy Spirit to transform our minds through the power of his word. Only then will we began to get rid of our stinking thinking! Paul admonishes us in Philippians 4:8 to change our thinking! "Whatsoever things are true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure,whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think on these things.

If you are willing to change your thinking, you can change your feelings. If you change your feelings, you can change your actions. And changing your actions based on good thinking can change your life.
So today I challenge you to take control of your thoughts, which in turn will lead to a changed life!
Every day when you get up say to yourself, I can control my thoughts. My feelings come from my thoughts. I can control my feelings by controlling my thoughts!

Remember this, good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad results and actions can never produce good results!


                                                                       Be blessed, Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment